Highburton C.E. First Academy

Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.

Reception Class Sep 24 Applications are now closed.

To apply for a Reception 2024/25 place here at Highburton C.E First Academy simply complete the online application form by visiting https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/admissions/apply-primary-school-place.aspx.

To amend an existing application to make Highburton C.E First Academy your 1st choice, telephone Kirklees Pupil Admissions on 01484 225007 or email pupiladmissions@kirklees.gov.uk 

Kirklees announcement of allocated school places for Reception pupils are on 16th April 2024

If you are not happy with your child's allocation please contact our school office via email


Reception Places: 2025/2026

Children start Reception class (full-time school) in September of the academic year in which they turn 5. Parents may apply by completing an online form using the link above. The deadline for submission is detailed on the Kirklees website. Applications received after this date are considered late. To avoid disappointment please ensure you complete the online application by the closing date.   Placement notification emails will be sent out by the Local Authority in April. 

Should you decide to decline your allocated place, please notify School Admissions in writing. This will free up the place for a child on the waiting list. 



Admission to Highburton First Academy in Reception Class is subject to the local authority’s admission arrangements and these can be accessed by clicking here. You can contact the Local Authority - Admissions Department by ringing 01484 225007 or emailing pupiladmissions@kirklees.gov.uk. If you have any questions for the school, please ring the office on 01484 506526, we are happy to help.

Applications can be made from 01st Sep 24 until 15th Jan 25.



 Admissions 2025/26


Year 1 - Year 5 places: 

For Year 1 to Year 5 enquiries, please contact the school office on 01484 506526 for advice.  An In-year Common Application Form (ICAF) will need to be completed (available from the office or online from the link below). Unless the year group your child is in, is full, a place is usually allocated.   Parents can still appeal for a place for their child when the year group is full; though the process generally takes several weeks.


Transferring to Middle School

Transfer forms for places at middle school are completed online. Please look at the Kirklees website for deadlines and information.